hag2latex2

hag2latex2

Postby skreutzer » 2013-02-16T11:25:35+00:00

Running headers are missing, because the name of the current bible book is only placed with \part{}, but not for any of the subsequent pages/chapters. Furthermore, the small text width might cause problems for hag2latex2.xsl, because difficulties for automatic hypenation might require manual adjustments by hand.
skreutzer
Administrator

Re: hag2latex2

Postby blacs30 » 2013-03-29T09:31:23+00:00

Wie setzt man das zuhause beim Drucken am besten um mit dem durchschießen der Ausgabe? Ich finde die Schreibrand Variante praktisch, aber wohl deshalb weil ich einen Anwendungsfall habe. Wie machst/nutzt du das?

Translation by skreutzer:
What's the best way to implement the printing of an interleaved edition? I perceive the margin for note taking as quite practical, but I guess that's because I make actual use of such. How do you do/use it?
blacs30

Re: hag2latex2

Postby skreutzer » 2013-03-29T14:06:16+00:00

One disadvantage of hag2latex2.xsl is that the small text width causes the need for many manual adjustments, since the automatic hyphenation has little room to calculate good positions to break the line.

I implement the interleaving by the normal psutils preparation, followed by duplex booklet print of the PDFs, and then I interleave blank pages by hand before stapling them together.

durchschossen.png
Interleaved booklet of a book of the Bible.
durchschossen.png (906.04 KiB) Viewed 4217 times

As the bible text appears alternating on left and right pages, one could adjust the original source PDF by inserting blank pages in the first place. Also, one might use a ring file and just add blank pages to it. In the past I've implemented a note margin version by hand with OpenOffice.org, which always had the text on the left page, followed by a blank page which wasn't a result of actual interleaving, but was part of the OpenOffice.org document itself and got printed along with the pages of text:

schreibrand.png
Booklet of a book of the Bible, not interleaved.
schreibrand.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 4217 times

As one can see, the space wasn't enough for John 1,1-25, even after I've added another extra blank page with the stapler (the notes only reach verse 22). One possible disadvantage is that the page of text may contain large portions of the text, so that the corresponding space for notes isn't sufficient in contrast to less text, so that one would write less notes down for it. Modifying hag2latex2.xsl could be an option, by decreasing the text width even more, which would make automatic hyphenation even more difficult, but would also place less verses on a page, so the same space for notes would correspond to less text. Another option would be to take all notes in digital form and to develop some kind of generator, which would automatically place the notes on the margin, as footnote or directly incorporate it into the text. Could also be done as online software, maybe as a Bible Wiki or something similar.
skreutzer
Administrator

Return to haggai2latex